Multiplying resources for your nonprofit cause
Wendy brings extensive knowledge, skills and experience to the nonprofits she is privileged to serve:
- Intimate knowledge of the foundation and corporate giving community. A former vice president of communications and information services at the Minnesota Council on Foundations (MCF), Wendy is thoroughly familiar with the most active grantmakers in the state. Together, they give more than $1 billion per year.
- Results-focused grant writing. Also an experienced development director, Wendy knows how to match nonprofits and funders with like-minded missions. She carefully researches potential sources and develops proposals that speak to each funder’s needs and interests. Whether she is crafting letters of inquiry, building the case for general operating support, or writing project proposals, she delivers consistent messages that inform, enlighten, persuade and spur action.
- Insider understanding of the grant review process. As a volunteer for a grantmaking organization, Wendy participated in the deliberative decision-making process that led to grant approvals . . . and denials. Having sat on both sides of the grantseeking and grantmaking table, she has special insights on how to tailor asks to maximize funding opportunities.
- Broad communications skills and a strong work ethic. Prior to working in the nonprofit sector, Wendy was a successful marketing communications practitioner in several for-profit industries, ensuring clients received exceptional customer service and strategic, integrated communications. With well-honed writing, editing and project management skills, she can deliver clear, concise copy that’s on-time and on-target.
- Commitment to continuous learning. Not content with only an undergraduate degree in communications, Wendy returned to school mid-career to complete her M.A. in Leadership from Augsburg College. During the 2012-2013 academic year, she was a Policy Fellow at the Humphrey School of Public Affairs at the University of Minnesota. And beyond her formal education, she has listened to and learned from clients and coworkers about a vast array of subjects – from growing and delivering healthy foods, to increasing adult and child literacy rates, to closing equity gaps in our community, and so much more.
Contact Wendy today to find out how she can help you advance your cause.