Looking for help meeting your mission?
Wendy Wehr is a skilled writer who is devoted to advancing causes that matter most. She assists organizations in meeting current resource needs, and she also helps them build internal communications and fund development capacities to achieve long-term sustainability.
Whether you’re a nonprofit leader seeking vital resources or a philanthropist striving to articulate your mission, Wendy can put her experience to work for you.
To serve your communications and fund development needs, Wendy draws on deep knowledge and skills. Some of her past and current experience includes:
- Vice president of communications and information services at the Minnesota Council on Foundations (MCF), a vibrant community of diverse grantmakers seeking to advance the common good.
- Development director at the Minnesota Literacy Council, where she built financial support and agency visibility for adult basic education and children’s reading.
- Volunteer with various organizations, including as current board president at House of Charity and former board member with Open Your Heart to the Hungry and Homeless, which grants nearly $1 million statewide annually.
- For-profit marketing communications professional in several industries, leading development of brand-savvy, integrated campaigns and building client and agency business.
- Public relations writer and trade-industry journalist, writing compelling, accessible copy about technically challenging topics.
Supplementing her real-world experience and undergraduate training in communications, Wendy has made a commitment to lifelong learning by:
- Earning a mid-career M.A. in Leadership from Augsburg College.
- Serving as a 2012-2013 Policy Fellow at the Humphrey School of Public Affairs at the University of Minnesota.
- Listening to and learning from clients, coworkers and friends about a vast array of subjects – from growing and delivering healthy foods, to increasing adult and child literacy rates, to closing equity gaps in our community, and much, much more.
Contact Wendy today to find out how she can help you advance your cause.